Application Upload Instructions
2. Fill in personal information fields in the application form.
All personal information collected by PlySpace is kept private. You must include a working email address in order to receive your admissions decision.
3. Identify whether you would like to be considered for acceptance as a PlySpace Resident, a PlySpace Resident Fellow, or both. Accepted applicants will be placed in one of the two residency options. This decision will be determined based on application content, project proposals, and length of stay. Be aware that Resident Fellows must be in residence for 9 to 12 weeks. For more information about the residency types, see the About the Residency page..
4. Upload 1 pdf document that contains your:
Artist Statement (250-500 words)
Anticipated Length of Stay (applicants may indicate any length of stay between 4 and 12 weeks during any single residency term. If you have specific dates that must be considered (i.e. you are only available to attend the residency June 1 through June 31), please include this information in your application.
Contact Information for 2 Professional References
Personal Project Proposal (up to one page)
Community Collaborative Project Proposal (up to one page)
Video image list (for video submissions only)
5. Upload up to 10 images of work. These can be images, or an image + web link to a media file.
Artists submitting only video/film or writing samples need only submit 3 samples.
For image uploads:
All images should be uploaded as .jpg files no larger than 1000 pixels on the longest side.
Fill in the metadata fields for title, size, medium, and year, for each artwork. Metadata fields are listed beneath the upload fields on the application.
Indicate if the image is a detail shot of another artwork in the metadata title field (i.e. title: my_piece_detail.jpg)
For video, audio, or media uploads:
All video, audio, and media files need to have a still shot .jpg that is uploaded with the web link to the application. If you do not include a still shot, the metadata field with the web link may not be saved.
Actual video and audio files are accessed through a web link to YouTube, Vimeo or Soundcloud. You will enter this link under the still shot image, in the metadata field for web link.
Other metadata for title, medium, and year should be included for each submission.
Video submissions should also include a video image list (as a pdf) that also contains the video information as well as the weblink to the video content. This list helps us review video files.
For text or writing uploads:
Upload writing samples in pdf format.
Fill in the metadata fields for title and year.
Up to three writing samples can be uploaded, but the entire portfolio should not consist of more than 30 written pages.
6. Pay the submission fee of $25 or $40. The fee is determined by the date you apply. Early applications that are submitted before the last week of the application period will be $25. Applications received during the last week of the application period, up to the deadline, will be $40. For exact dates and deadlines for each fee, see the Application Guidelines. This fee is non-refundable and due with every submission.
7. Applications that have been properly submitted will receive a confirmation email.